Monday, April 13, 2009

Reunited and It Feels So Good

Today I went to the doctor for a follow-up visit after my accident and he gave me a relatively clean bill of health. Based on the progress that I've made in the 10 days since being being hit by a car, he feels that my knee will be back to normal in a few weeks. As far as he can tell, there was no damage to the cartilage and the ligament was not torn, but only banged up a bit. "Activity as tolerated," was the prescription for exercise.

So I took the opportunity to say hello to my kettlebell again. After a few tentative swings, I fell right back into kettlebell juggling and found I could still flip the kettlebell proficiently with two hands. My one-handed flips aren't pretty to look at, but, hey!, I love that I can do them again. Look for me out in my yard in the Oregon rain practicing my flips and digging big divots of sod out of my lawn every time I miss.

No comments: