Friday, April 17, 2009

Resume Speed

I think I have to admit that despite the condition of my house and my yard, I do have certain perfectionist tendencies. When my professor returned the test shown in the photo, my first thought was, "Is she messing with me?" It seemed inconceivable that she would append the word "great" to a B-level grade.

****

On a more mentally healthy note (okay, that's debatable, too), I went to the gym yesterday and ran a mile on the treadmill in just over 11 minutes. Then I went on to do the rest of my usual two-hour workout, including a half-hour on the elliptical. I thought that my bad knee would be in a world of pain this morning, but thanks to a prophylactic dose of off-brand Advil last night, I felt just fine this morning. There are still a few things I can't do: Hyperextensions, squats (fine, because I hate squats), but overall, despite the fact that my knee is still not bending as far as I'd like it to, I am very happy with the progress it's making.

3 comments:

MamaShift said...

You are great! And she knows it!

I'm happy to hear you're back to your "normal" self.

Amber said...

I love that first line: "I think I have to admit that despite the condition of my house and my yard, I do have certain perfectionist tendencies." I've been thinking the same thing about myself for years now!

I'm amazed at all you're doing with that knee just 2 (?) weeks out from the accident. Watching you sit on (and then get up from) the floor is still quite amusing, but it's still very impressive. :)

Donna said...

Ya know, I bet the reason you are up and running so soon is BECAUSE of those past squats... which I also hate.

Glad to hear you're back at it.