Thursday, April 2, 2009

Blow Out the Candles

Today's the day I get to switch from saying "I'm in pretty good shape for a 45-year-old" to "I'm in pretty good shape for a 46-year-old."

And I'm happy about that. I'm in better shape than I was at 20. Way better. I weigh about what I weighed in middle school. I very nearly beat a guy arm-wrestling last night (it was a draw). Sure, I am definitely reflecting today on aging and wondering how long I can keep progressing upwards in the amount of weight I can lift, but I'm not going to dwell too much on it.

Besides, today is a good day to throw my carb-phobia to the wind and indulge in some birthday treats. Voodoo Doughnuts, I'll see you after dinner.

3 comments:

MamaShift said...

You didn't! The Maple Bacon Bar? How was that?

MamaShift said...

doo doo doo do dee dee!
doo doo doo do dee dee!
doo doo doo do dee Miriam!
doo doo doo do dee dee!

Sarah said...

Happy birthday! I await updates on the donut bacon thingie..