Friday, March 13, 2009

New Kettlebell Goal--200 Snatches

Why didn't anybody tell me about this? The Arnold Sports Festival Kettlebell competition combines two of my favorite things: Arnold! (fitness Arnold, not political Arnold) and kettlebells.

My new goal: 205 reps of the snatch. The above link features a guy doing that feat, but when I went on to YouTube to find a direct link to the second video, I found this even more compelling video. Holy shit, she's awesome! More than 200 reps, with 16k no less.

3 comments:

olga sanchez said...

The link to the even more compelling video didn't work for me! Please forgive me, but are kettlebell workouts safe? Beyond the potential for dropping one on a toe... it looks really strenuous. What's it feel like to pull that weight over your head? I have a few questions...

Miriam said...

Hey Olga,
Well, like any physical activity, kettlebells have their risks. I take a class so I can learn to do the various lifts safely, and that is what I'd recommend to anyone interested in starting out. And, yeah, it is strenuous, but you say that like it's a bad thing!

Miriam said...

As to what it feels like, I think I'll do a post about it. Thanks for the idea!