Thursday, January 29, 2009

You Know What Is Also Good Exercise?

Walking!

And on February 12, you can help celebrate the publication of a new book that chronicles five perfect walks in and around Portland: Portland Companion Walks.

Created by Briar Levit, and co-written by me, Portland Companion Walks presents rambles to take with sweethearts, kids, grandparents, dogs, and your best friend. The walks range from a simple, less-than-mile stroll on a paved path to a fairly aggressive 8-mile hike through Forest Park.

Join us February 12 at 7 p.m. at Reading Frenzy, 921 SW Oak, Portland, for a reception and reading.

1 comment:

Brooklyn said...

I am a historic preservationist. With all the cuts at PSU I figure my adjunct days are numbered. I just wanted you to know that I added your book to the class reading as (recommended).-it is quite a charming book-- I think they want me to double the class size. Urban Studies has taken some hits, but if by some act of budget grace it happens I'll be excited to use you book in the class. I'll bug the dean to let me teach it another time if this summer term flops.
Great little book-